When I was in my forties I was in a time in my life when I was feeling ugly- old and frumpy. I no long longer had the svelte figure that I once had without even watching my weight. My life had hit an upsetting bump, and that wasn’t helping any! I was also wearing a size 14. Going to the mall had been one of life’s simple pleasures. I was so disappointed to discover most stores not carrying larger than a size 12 and on the other end of the spectrum, stores that didn’t have smaller than a 16 or an 18.
What was I to do? I walked into Walmart, found some inexpensive pull-on pants, and voila`, I found clothing that did the job, and it was cheap. Over the next ten years, I continued in this dowdy style. It cost me my confidence and contributed to my losing my job.
Then one day, my daughter, a 16 year old fashionista said to me, “Mom, you could be so pretty...” and it hit me then, that at 55 I could be approaching my last chance to look good ever! I started buying new stylish clothing and looking and feeling better than ever before in my life! I get compliments on my style from men and women alike even when I’m running errands. A husband even told me he wishes his wife would dress like me and would I take her shopping!
Nothing makes me happier than helping others so I will be sharing my fashion tips and finds with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment